WHO WE ARE
BCC specialises in providing products to meet the individual requirements of our clients. We ensure that the exact standards required in the supply of medical goods are delivered.
Our success is due to vigilant attention to detail, persistence when the going gets tough and determination to supply quality products at the best possible price. We value transparency, honesty and integrity in dealing with both our suppliers and our clients.
BCC believes it is vital to listen to and understand the needs of clients in order to be able to present them with the best possible solution
BCC is staffed by graduates from recognised institutions and are qualified in the fields of pharmacy, finance, IT, engineering and freight logistics. They are a dedicated and experienced team. Our ongoing success has much to do with our willingness to challenge and extend ourselves.
Frequent training is provided to staff to ensure that they are constantly kept up to date with market trends and technological advances
BCC Management is committed to ensure the company, its staff and its operations does comply with ISO 9001:2008.
Stuart Bassett | Managing Director
+ 27 21 783 3378
Julia Bradshaw | Export Manager
+27 21 783 3378
BCC’s policy is to operate to the highest standards of integrity, transparency and legality. These include:
- Ethical Principles
- Compliance within the Law
- Zero tolerance of Fraud, Bribery and Corruption
- Money Laundering
- Conflicts of Interests
- Collusive and Anti-competitive Behaviour
Our customers include Governments NGO’s and Aid Agencies with whom we have dealt with for many years.
We have been successfully supplying medical goods to meet their standards often under difficult circumstances.
BCC ensures that all products are procured from manufacturers that have recognised quality standards in place and which are audited by our Quality Assurance consultants on a regular basis.
BCC evaluates and selects its suppliers based on their ability to supply product in accordance with our requirements. Approved suppliers are evaluated on previously demonstrated capability and performance.
BCC establishes and maintains a list of acceptable suppliers.
All orders placed with suppliers are monitored during the manufacturing process to control that goods meet the order specifications and that good ethical practices are being adhered to.
We at BCC work actively with our suppliers and manufacturers around the world in safeguarding and improving the rights and working conditions of workers in those factories which supply our products. To support this policy, our buying and technical teams regularly visit our factories throughout the year and actively engage with our manufacturing partners in identifying areas for improvement. This process is further backed by continuous and extensive third-party independent auditing by internationally recognised auditing companies.
At BCC there is an underlying and long standing commitment to ethical trading based upon the belief that business can be both profitable and responsible.
BCC is committed to stamping out any level of bribery that may occur. We constantly review the potential risk areas and will act swiftly and harshly on any employee, customer, distributor, supplier or sub-contractor found contravening these rules and guidelines. The key principles are:
- Employment is freely chosen.
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labour shall not be used.
- Living wages are paid.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practiced.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
BCC seeks to promote and maintain an Environmental Policy to ensure that the impact of our operations upon the environment is reduced to as low a level as possible. An awareness of our environmental impact is the responsibility of all employees at every level in the company. All personnel have an obligation to apply operating practices and procedures, which will ensure the protection of the environment, and the safety and health of themselves and their colleagues. In the event of an environmental incident, all details will be properly reported and investigated with prompt action taken to remedy the situation, and to avoid any recurrence.
In accordance with the above, BCC has identified the following key objectives and actions to serve as guidelines in the implementation of the Environmental Policy. These objectives and actions are to be achieved using best available practices.
- To comply with state and local regulatory controls, standards and codes of practice to which the company subscribes.
- To prevent pollution and give a swift response to incidents in order to minimize any threat to the environment.
- To reduce levels of waste produced. To dispose of any waste in a safe and responsible way, and employ recycling or reuse wherever economically viable.
- To minimize the environmental impact of new products and processes.
- To provide information to customers on the safe handling, disposal and transportation of company products.
- To promote an awareness of environmental matters in employees and customers.